This item is priced by 30 LB, 1 QTY = 30 LB sack
*** Live Crawfish are always delivered to market on Fridays. Please place your order 3 days in advance or 5 days in advance would be nice. Order must be placed by Wednesday at 5 pm to arrive in market on time for Friday pickup. Due to transporation, you can expect to lose a minimum 10% to 20% of live crawfish per bushel (a bushel of crawfish consist of 30 pound sack). Please plan your crawfish boil accordingly.
Our Live Crawfish sometimes refer to as, Crayfish or Crawdads and even Mudbugs comes to us directly from Louisiana. Crawfish is very similar in visual appearance as lobster and shaped like shrimp. However, Crawfish do have a unique and distinguish flavor. What do crawfish taste like? Crawfish tails are very comparable to lobster and shrimp. The head; however, has a creamy rich and buttery taste with intense burst of flavors. They required an acquired taste.
How to eat crawfish?
1. Grab the head firmly with one hand and grab the tail with the other hand.
2. Twist and pull the tail away from the head.
3. Suck the head for extra flavor (optional)
4. Peel off the first two or three rings.
5. Pinch the end of the tail and pull the meat from shell.
Repeat steps 1 to 5