Updated: Dec 13, 2018
We are always on the hunt for new seafood recipe. Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find. We came across this recipe from a family member, who is now a chef/manager at Shoyu Japanese restaurant in Saint Paul, Minneapolis International Airport in Minnesota. The restaurant is located at terminal 1 MSP. This dish is served for $17.00 a plate there.
If you ever have a layover/connection flight in Minneapolis International Airport, or just in the area visiting Minnesota stop into the restaurant and say,"hi." Ask for Danny Soulasinh say:“Hilltop Seafood Co. – Albemarle, NC” sent you! All ingredients in recipe should be season to your taste. Lightly dap all sauces on your finger tip and taste before seasoning. If you follow the directions carefully – you would see recipe included plating instructions as well.
The dish is called Hokkaido Spicy Scallops
Pronounced: häˈkīdō 北海道
3 Dry Sea Scallops
1 tablespoon olive oil
Citrus Ponzu bottled sauce
Lemon – slice into 3 circles
Togarashi bottle spice
1. Cut sea scallops into 4 quarters half way, try not to split the sea scallops completely.
2. In a sauce pan, heat olive oil and pan sear sea scallops for 1 ½ minutes to 2 minutes or until golden brown plus crispy outer. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Pour the Citrus Ponzu sauce and chili oil onto plate for base.
4. Place sliced circle lemon on plate and place sea scallops on top of each lemon.
5. Then sprinkle the Togarashi spice on top of sea scallops
6. Then finish it off with the radish sprout and siracha in the middle.
Enjoy everyone! Thanks Chef Danny Soulasinh of Shoyu Minnesota – for sharing this tangy/spicy sea scallops’ recipe with us!