This recipe has been long overdue. Our apologies for not posting much recipe lately. It’s been a while, so we figured it’s time to get back at it again! We made baked Scottish Salmon with coconut flakes, almonds and seeds. What prompt us to create this dish? We’ll we just happen to stumble upon a bag of organic snacks! Thanks to our niece Malee from Florida! She came and visited us a few months ago and she came with snack gifts! 😊 She brought us a bag of “Creative Snacks Co. Organic Coconut Bites."
Living here in NC and we didn’t even know this snack was made right here in High Point! The snack itself was great on its own. We love experimenting with our seafood and felt like our baked salmon needed a little jazz. What if we sprinkled this snack onto our salmon?? Well….. We did and it turned out wonderful! WARNING: this dish is very aromatic and it'll have your whole house smelling like coconut breeze. This was the easiest recipe ever! When we say easy, you'll see as you go through the steps below. Any questions, call us or email us anytime. We hope you enjoy because we sure did!
4 (8 oz) Fresh Scottish Salmon
5 tablespoon Ashman House Salmon “Honey Ginger” - You pick up a bottle here 😊
1 bag of Creative Snacks Co. “Organic Coconut Bites”
1. In a mixing bowl, add in your salmon and 4 or 5 tablespoon of Ashman House Salmon marinade and sauce “Honey Ginger.” If you decided to do more salmon, just add a tablespoon of the sauce per every 8 oz of salmon. You can do a simple version of just salt, pepper and honey – if you don’t like ginger. That version taste just as great with the toppings.
2. Add a pinch of black pepper and sea salt to your liking. You can dap your finger in the sauce and taste the outcome before cooking. You can add more than a pinch of black pepper or sea salt to your liking and even extra honey. This is optional and to your liking and taste.
3. After you have added in all the sauce and seasoning, cover and transfer to fridge. Let it sit in the marinating sauce for at least 20 minutes, or 30 minutes for a more in-depth flavor.
4. Heat oven to 450 degrees conventional bake.
5. Scoop about 1 to 2 tablespoon of coconut oil onto center of baking pan. If your coconut oil is thick, no worries it’ll melt later once it’s in the oven. But don’t place pan in oven yet without salmon.
6. Then lay all your marinated salmon on to baking pan. It can be over the coconut oil scoop or beside it. Either way the coconut oil will melt the flavor and aroma will transfer to your salmon.
7. Then sprinkle the Creative Snack Co. Organic Coconut Bites on top of your salmon. This is to your liking. I piled a handful of this snack onto each of my salmon. 😊
8. Let salmon bake in oven for about 10 minutes then turn off oven and let salmon sit and cool. If you want your toppings on your salmon to get crispier, you can bake for a little longer. But keep an eye on the salmon, so it won’t burn or overcook. Perfectly cooked salmon should have a pinkness in the middle.
9. Then remove from pan onto plate, serve and enjoy!